By train the journey from Phnom Penh to Battambang is scheduled to take 8 hours 00 minutes. By bus or minivan the journey from Phnom Penh to Battambang is scheduled to take from 5 hours to 8 hours 30 minutes depending upon which service you take.
Train Times from Phnom Penh to Battambang
- Please Note: A new timetable is now in operation.
|Phnom Penh||Battambang||Days in Service|
Bus Times from Phnom Penh to Battambang
There are currently 20 bus and minivan services a day from Phnom Penh to Battambang available to book online.
|07:00||12:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|07:05||13:25||VIP||$ 11||Saly Express|
|07:30||13:00||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|07:30||15:00||VIP||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|08:00||13:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|08:30||14:00||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|08:30||15:30||VIP||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|09:00||14:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|10:30||17:30||VIP||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|12:10||18:05||VIP||$ 11||Saly Express|
|12:15||17:45||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|13:30||19:00||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|14:00||19:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|14:00||19:55||VIP||$ 11||Saly Express|
|14:30||21:30||VIP||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|15:30||22:30||Van||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|17:30||23:30||VIP||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|20:00||03:00||Hotel Bus||$ 12||Virak Buntham Express|
|21:00||02:00||Sleeper||$ 13||Cambotra Express|
|21:00||05:30||Hotel Bus||$ 12||Virak Buntham Express|
Buy Tickets from Phnom Penh to Battambang
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Phnom Penh to Battambang.
Tickets for train, bus and ferry services across Cambodia are also available to buy in advance online through the Search Box above.
Virak Buntham Phnom Penh
- Virak Buntham services from Phnom Penh to Battambang depart from the corner of Street 199 and Street 310 in Phnom Penh near to the Olympic Market.
Virak Buntham Battambang
- Virak Buntham services from Phnom Penh to Battambang terminate in Battambang on Street 106.
Battambang is Cambodia’s third largest city by population. Established in the 1700s Battambang has developed over time, particularly under French Colonial rule with 2 bridges being constructed over the Sangker River joining settlements on either side of the river.
Battambang’s most famous urban feature is the large number of statues on the streets ranging from Mythical creatures to former Kings. The other notable features of the urban landscape of Battambang are the Colonial era buildings dotted around the city. This is a city where Khmer architecture mixes with modern Cambodian building styles, alongside distinctive French, Italian and Chinese designs. Amongst the more popular things to see and do in Battambang, and the surrounding area, are:
- Ride a Bamboo Train: Homemade bamboo platform on train wheels powered by a small engine. You can ride on these locally made vehicles for $5 per person, until such time as real trains start running on the railway tracks.
- Visit to Wat Samraong Knong: A very old temple in a forest once used as a Khmer Rouge prison. Located on the Eastern side of the river.
- Walk around the grounds of the Governor’s Residence: Former residence of the last Thai Governor of the city.
- Marvel at Colonial Buildings on Street 1: Chinese, French and Italian architecture including the Central Market and the Train Station.
- Explore Battambang Museum: City centre museum displaying Angkhor period art collected from across the Battambang region.