At the current time there is no train line from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap, although Royal Railways of Cambodia is currently planning to construct a new railway on this route to connect with Poipet on the border with Thailand with the long term goal of facilitating direct train services from Bangkok to Phnom Penh via Siem Reap. Until the train line from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap is constructed the only ways to travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap are by road, by air to Siem Reap-Angkor International Airport or by river boat.
Bus Times from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
There are currently 19 bus services a day from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap available to book online.
|Phnom Penh||Siem Reap||Service||Cost||Company|
|08:15||13:10||VIP||$ 14||Saly Express|
|08:30||14:30||VIP 15 pax||$ 14||Seila Angkor Express|
|08:45||14:05||Universe Luxury||$ 13||Giant ibis Transport|
|12:30||18:00||VIP||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|12:30||18:30||VIP 15 pax||$ 14||Seila Angkor Express|
|13:30||19:30||VIP||$ 10||Mey Hong Bus|
|13:30||19:30||VIP 15 pax||$ 14||Seila Angkor Express|
|14:00||19:30||Coaster||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|14:30||20:30||VIP 15 pax||$ 14||Seila Angkor Express|
|15:30||21:00||Van||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|15:30||21:30||VIP 15 pax||$ 14||Seila Angkor Express|
|16:30||22:30||VIP 15 pax||$ 14||Seila Angkor Express|
|17:00||23:00||Van||$ 14||Virak Buntham Express|
|17:30||23:30||VIP 15 pax||$ 14||Seila Angkor Express|
|18:30||00:30||VIP 15 pax||$ 14||Seila Angkor Express|
|20:30||02:00||Luxury||$ 16||Virak Buntham Express|
|21:30||04:00||Luxury||$ 16||Virak Buntham Express|
|22:00||03:20||Kia Grandbird||$ 13||Giant ibis Transport|
|23:00||05:00||Sleeper||$ 12||Mey Hong Bus|
Bus Tickets from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
Use the Search Box below to buy your bus tickets from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap:
- Instant Ticket Confirmation: Your seat is confirmed as soon as you pay.
- Electronic Booking Voucher: Your ticket will be sent by e-mail.
PSD Xpress Phnom Penh
PSD Xpress services to Siem Reap depart from Nokor Reach (Street 80) in Phnom Penh.
Giant Ibis Phnom Penh
Giant Ibis services to Siem Reap depart from the Giant Ibis bus terminal on the Preah Moha Ksatreiyani Kossamak Avenue (Street 106) in Phnom Penh.
Thero Express Phnom Penh
Thero Express services to Siem Reap depart from Pasteur Street (Street 51) in Phnom Penh.
Mekong Express Phnom Penh
Mekong Express services to Siem Reap depart from the Mekong Express Office on Preah Sisowath Quay in Phnom Penh.
About Siem Reap
Siem Reap is popular resort town on the Siem Reap River with a population of approximately of over 230,00 permanent residents and over 2 million visitors. The town centre in Siem Reap is only 6 km to the South of the famous Angkor Wat temple complex and this is the main reason so many people come to Siem Reap. Before French explorer Henri Mouhot became aware of the architectural and cultural importance of Angkor Wat in the late 19th Century, and told his fellow Europeans about it, Siem Reap was a small riverside village like many others across Cambodia.
Siem Reap itself has a long history, most notably dating back to 1549 when the area around Siem Reap was the scene of battle between Cambodian forces and an invading army from Thailand. The name Siem Reap literally means ‘Siam Defeated’. Siam was the official name for the nation of Thailand until 1939. As well as the many temples of the Angkor complex, and the bars, restaurants and hotels of modern Siem Reap, there are a few other interesting places in and near Siem Reap for visitors:
- Angkor National Museum: Town centre museum with exhibits relating mainly to Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom.
- The Cambodia Landmine Museum and Relief Center: 30 km to the North of Siem reap this worthwhile project is an educational facility teaching both foreign visitors about landmines and schooling underprivileged Cambodian children.
- Senteurs d’Angkor Workshop: Located on National Route 6 (the road to the airport) near the turning to the Angkor Palace Resort, this facility has around 100 Cambodian artisans at given time making traditional Cambodian products and cooking some very authentic Cambodia food, all which can be purchases for a less than modest price
- Cambodian Cultural Village: Also located on National Route 6, Cambodia Cultural Village has a series of fascinating models of important Cambodia heritage sites and scenes of life in Cambodia throughout the ages.