Following a successful trial in April 2016, which coincided with the Khmer New year, a regular passenger train service between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville commenced in May 2016. On the route Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville route there is one train a day on Fridays and Saturdays and two on Sundays. It takes around 7 hours 30 minutes by train to travel the 264 km journey from Cambodia’s capital, Phnom Penh, to Cambodia’s major beach resort town, Sihanoukville.
Trains Times To Sihanoukville
There are 4 passenger trains a week from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville.
- 7 hours 30 minutes
- $7 USD one way adult fare
- The system of seat allocation on Cambodian trains is still in development and the seat numbers printed on the tickets do not always relate to the actual seat you will end up sitting in.
- Air-conditioned and non air-conditioned seats cost the same.
- In practice passengers on Cambodian trains sit in whichever seat is vacant when they board the train.
Location of Phnom Penh Train Station
Bus Times To Sihanoukville
The Giant Ibis Transport has three departures a day by bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville. The journey by bus takes 4 hours 30 minutes, which is approximately 3 hours quicker than the same journey by train.
|Bus Station||Depart Phnom Penh||Arrive Sihanoukville|
Bus Tickets to Sihanoukville
Use the Search From below to buy your travel tickets from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville.
- Cost: A one way ticket costs $11.
- Bus Station: Bus Services to Sihanoukville depart from the Giant Ibis bus station in Phnom Penh, which is located on Street 106 near to the Night Market and the Tonle Sap river.