Following a successful trial in April 2016, which coincided with the Khmer New year, a regular passenger train service between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville commenced in May 2016. On the route Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville route there is one train a day on Fridays and Saturdays and two on Sundays. It takes around 6 hours 30 minutes by train to travel the 264 km journey from Cambodia’s capital, Phnom Penh, to Cambodia’s major beach resort town, Sihanoukville.
Trains Times To Sihanoukville
There are 4 passenger trains a week from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville.
- 6 hours 30 minutes
- $8 USD one way adult fare
- The system of seat allocation on Cambodian trains is now fully operational and train staff now check that you are sitting in your allocated seat.
- Air-conditioned and non air-conditioned seats cost the same.
Location of Phnom Penh Train Station
Bus Times To Sihanoukville
The Giant Ibis Transport has three departures a day by bus from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville. The journey by bus takes 4 hours 30 minutes, which is approximately 3 hours quicker than the same journey by train.
|Bus Station||Depart Phnom Penh||Arrive Sihanoukville|
Bus Tickets to Sihanoukville
Use the Search From below to buy your travel tickets from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville.
- Cost: A one way ticket costs $11.
- Bus Station: Bus Services to Sihanoukville depart from the Giant Ibis bus station in Phnom Penh, which is located on Street 106 near to the Night Market and the Tonle Sap river.