From Sihanoukville you an travel as far as Phnom Penh by train. From Phnom Penh you need to then take a bus or minivan for the final section of the journey to Siem Reap, which is very close to Angkor Wat. Alternatively, you can travel direct from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap by bus.
Train Times from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap
- Please Note: Train services from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh are now running every day.
- For information about travel from Phnom Penh to Angkor Wat see our page about connecting bus services from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap.
Bus Times from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap
There is currently 1 direct bus service a day from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap which you can book online.
|$ 17 USD
|Virak Buntham Express
Buy Tickets from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap
Use the Search Box below to buy tickets for travel from Sihanoukville to Siem Reap.
Instant ticket confirmation for bus tickets and electronic voucher sent by e-mail. For travel by train via Phnom Penh, buy your train ticket from Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh at the train station the day before travel and use the Search Box above to buy your bus tickets from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap.
Sihanoukville Railway Station
Train services to Phnom Penh depart from Sihanoukville Railway Station.
Sihanoukville Bus Station
Bus services to Sihanoukville depart from the Mekong Express Bus Station on the Mittapheap Road in Sihanoukville Town.
Phnom Penh Train Station
Trains from Sihanoukville terminate at Phnom Penh Railway Station.
Siem Reap bus station
Direct bus services from Sihanoukville terminate at the Siem Reap Mekong Express bus stop on Highway No 6.
Travel to Angkor Wat
From the Mekong Express bus stop its a 7.1 km journey to the entrance to Angkor Wat, and an 1.8 km journey to the Night Market in the centre of Siem Reap Town.
There are a number of ways to get around in Siem Reap and to travel to Angkor Wat:
- Tuk-Tuk: They can fit 4 people inside and cost around $1 USD for a short in town trip and around $15 USD for a full day hire.
- Taxi: Expect to pay $4 to $7 USD for in town trips and around $40 USD for a full day tour of the temples.
- Motorbike Taxi: Expect to pay $1 USD for in town trips and around $8 USD for a full day tour of the temples.
- Bicycle: Rent a bicycle for £1 to $3 USD and transport yourself around the temples.
- E-Bike: Electric bikes which go around 20 km per hour top speed and have a range of about 40 km. There are some recharging points in the various temple complexes. A full 24 hours rental costs $10 USD.