There are no direct rail or air links from Mondulkiri to Phnom Penh so the only way to travel is by road.
Travel Times To Sihanoukville
There are two connecting bus services operated by the same transport company which you can book online as a package using the Search Box below.
- Bus 1: Mondulkiri to Phnom Penh.
|22:30||04:30||$ 12.00||Sleeper Bus||Virak Buntham Express|
- Bus 2: Phnom Penh Sihanoukville.
|07:30||13:15||$ 13.00||Minibus||Virak Buntham Express|
Buy Tickets to Sihanoukville
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Mondulkiri to Sihanoukville.
We recommend that you print out your electronic booking voucher after booking to show to the transport operator when you check in for the journey.
Mondulkiri Bus Stop
- Bus services to Sihanoukville (via Phnom Penh) depart from Saen Monorom in Mondulkiri Province.
Phnom Penh Bus Stop
- Passengers on the service from Mondulkiri to Sihanoukville need to change vehicles at the Virak Buntham Office in Phnom Penh.
Sihanoukville Bus Stop
- The final stop for the Mondulkiri to Sihanoukville service is the Virak Buntham Office in Sihanoukville.
The coastal town of Sihanoukville is very much a town of two halves in terms of it appeal to visitors. The centre of the town, and the beaches off the town centre such as Ochheuteal Beach, are very popular with Chinese and Cambodian visitors. Tourism from China to Cambodia has massively increased in the past few years with a lot of investment having made to construct casinos, restaurants and hotels in the town centre that focus on catering for Chinese visitors.
Visitors from Europe and North America tend to prefer Otres Beach, along the coast from Sihanoukville town centre, and the islands of Koh Rong and Koh Rong Sanloem, which are around 45 minutes away from Sihanoukville by speed boat.