By bus the journey from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang is scheduled to take 2 hours 30 minutes.
Bus Times from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang
There are currently 10 daily services from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang available to book online.
|Phnom Penh||Kampong Chhnang||Service||Cost||Company|
|07:00||09:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|07:30||10:00||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|08:00||10:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|08:30||11:00||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|09:00||11:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|10:00||12:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|12:15||14:45||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|13:30||16:00||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|14:00||16:30||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
|14:15||16:45||VIP Minibus||$ 13||Cambolink 21 Express|
Buy Tickets from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang
Use the Search Box below to buy your travel tickets from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang.
Phnom Penh Bus Stop
- Cambolink 21 Express services from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang depart from the Cambolink 21 Express office, Jawaharlal Nehru Blvd (215), Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Kampong Chhnang Bus Stop
- Cambolink 21 Express services from Phnom Penh to Kampong Chhnang terminate at Kampong Chhnang Bus Station.
About Kampong Chhnang
Kampong Chhnang is a medium sized town, with around 40,000 permanent resisdents, located to the north of Phnom Penh on the banks of the Tonle Sap River near the massive Tonle Sap lake. Kampong Chhnang is not a well known destination for tourists, although if you take a boat between Phnom Penh and Siem Reap you pass by the town of Kampong Chhnang. Kampong Chhnang Province is mostly rural, with the main industries being fishing on the lake and river, and argiculture. This part of Cambodia is very green and fertile because of the many waterways and a visit to Kampong Chhnang provides an opportunity to see some of the best natural scenery in Cambodia.
In terms of things to see and do in Kampong Chhnang it’s largely boat trips, exploring smaller older temples, and walking up to hill top viewpoints. The town itself is split into two parts, one by the river and the other more developed part of the town more inland. Kampong Chhnang has a small number of tourist hotels and a small number of formal restaurants. Because there isn’t much tourism in Kampong Chhnang, there aren’t lots of bars and cafes for visitors. Four things in particuar we recommend that you do when visit Kampong Chhnang:
- Boat trip to Kandal and Chong Kos floating villages: Kandal and Chong Kos floating villages are settlements in the river with houses built on stilts. These villages has been occupied for centuries by people originally from Vietnam who make a living as fishermen.
- Climb Krang Deymas hill: A 250 metre high hill at the top of which is a great viewpoint across the Tonle Sap lake.
- Hiking in the Aoral Wildlife Sanctuary: 2,544 square kilometre nature reserve featuring hiking trails through hills with abundant wildlife and waterfalls.
- Shop at Pottery Village: Pottery Village is located 3 km from the town centre and a good place to buy the distinctive pottery products which the town is known for.