There are not currently any rail or air links between Phnom Penh and Mondulkiri so the only way to travel is by road. By bus it takes around 5 hours 30 minutes to 7 hours 30 minutes to travel from Phnom Penh to Mondulkiri.
Bus Times from Phnom Penh to Mondulkiri
There are currently 9 services a day from Phnom Penh to Mondulkiri available to book online.
|07:00||12:30||Van||$ 14||TCT Thy Socheata Express|
|07:00||13:00||Van||$ 15||Kim Seng Express|
|07:15||13:30||Van||$ 16||Virak Buntham Express|
|07:30||13:30||Van||$ 15||Kim Seng Express|
|12:00||19:30||Coaster||$ 16||Virak Buntham Express|
|13:30||19:00||Van||$ 14||TCT Thy Socheata Express|
|13:30||19:30||Van||$ 15||Kim Seng Express|
|19:30||03:15||Hotel Bus||$ 12||Virak Buntham Express|
|20:00||02:00||Van||$ 15||Kim Seng Express|
Buy Tickets from Phnom Penh to Mondulkiri
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Phnom Penh to Mondulkiri.
Phnom Penh Bus Stop
- Virak Buntham services to Mondulkiri depart from the Phnom Penh Virak Buntham Olympic Market office, #87, Corner of St. 199 and St. 310, Olympic Market, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Mondulkiri Bus Stop
- Virak Buntham bus services from Phnom Penh arrive in Mondulkiri at the Virak Buntham Mondulkiri Office, St. 76A, Phum Spean MeanChey, O-Spean Commune, Krong Saen Monourom, Cambodia.
Mondulkiri Province, on the border with Vietnam, is the most thinly populated and remote part of Cambodia. The majority of the population are from minority ethnic groups, the largest of which is the Hmong, whose primary source of income is small scale farming. Most of the population of Mondulkiri live in very basic conditions in small settlements. The largest town in the province, Senmonorom, has a population of around 7,000 permanent residents. Senmonorom is the main transport hub in Mondulkiri Province and this is where you arrive if you travel there on the bus from Phnom Penh.
The main attractions in Mondulkiri Province are it landscape, particularly its waterfalls, and the culture of the ethnic minorities who live in Mondulkiri Province. Amongst the most popular places to visit in Mondulkiri Province are:
- Busra Waterfall: Located just over 40 km from Senmonorom, Busra Waterfall features three falls in row, only the first two of which are easily accessible. These are large falls. The lower fall drops about 10 metres and the second fall is about 20 metres high.
- Phnom Kraol Cultural Resort: Located about 110 km from Senmonorom, Phnom Kraol Cultural Resort features a small village set within a mountainous and forested area.
- Phnom Prich Sanctuary: Large national park with walking trails and camping facilities. The Phnom Prich Sanctuary is home to a wide range of mammals and birds including tigers and wild elephants. A guided tour to the park is recommended.
- Memang Gold Mines Area: About 45 km from Senmonorom, the trip to Memang Gold Mines Area takes several hours along winding tracks through the forest. There is a wildlife reserve here which is popular place for picnics and camping overnight.