To take a train or minivan from Poipet to Bangkok you need to cross over the border into Thailand. Train and minivan services to Bangkok depart from very close to the border crossing on the Thai side.
Buy Tickets to Bangkok
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Poipet to Bangkok.
Bus and minivan tickets are available to book online. Train tickets need to be purchased at the railway station.
Train Times To Bangkok
Trains are not yet running from Poipet Railway Station in Cambodia across the border to Thailand so you need to cross the border on foot and then board a train at nearby Ban Klong Luk Border Railway Station to travel to Bangkok.
- Train times from Ban Klong Luk Border Railway Station to Bangkok.
|Train||Ban Klong Luk||Bangkok||Service|
Bus Times To Bangkok
Minivan services to Bangkok also only depart from just across the border into Thailand from near the Rong Kluea Market, which is the large market on the Thai side of the border.
- Minivan times from the Cambodia/Thailand border to Bangkok.
|Rong Kluea Market||Bangkok||Cost||Company|
|07:00||12:30||Travel Mart Watergate||$ 11|
|10:00||15:30||Travel Mart Watergate||$ 11|
|12:00||17:30||Travel Mart Watergate||$ 11|
|15:00||20:30||Travel Mart Watergate||$ 11|
Trains to Bangkok depart from Ban Klong Luk Border Railway Station in Thailand.
- Location of Ban Klong Luk Border Railway Station:
The final stop for trains from the Cambodia/Thailand border station is Bangkok Railway Station.
- Location of Bangkok Railway Station:
Travel Mart minivan services to Bangkok depart from the south side of the Suwannason Road opposite the Rong Kluea Market.
- Location of the Rong Kluea Market Travel Mart minivan check in point:
Travel Mart minivan services terminate in Bangkok at the Travel Mart Watergate office at 51 Rong Mai Alley, Khwaeng Chana Songkhram, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200.
- Location of the Travel Mart Watergate office in Bangkok:
Bangkok River Boats
Bangkok has an inexpensive river boat service called the Chao Phraya Express Boat which takes passengers along the main river in central Bangkok for fares of 9 to 32 THB per person, depending upon the ferry you take and distance you travel. The way the ferry service works is that you simply jump on the ferry at any of the 38 stops along the river and pay the ticket collector on the boat. The service runs from 06:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday and 06:00 to 19:00 on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
The four river boat piers you are most likely to use are:
- Central Pier (Sathorn): This the main pier for the service and it is close to Saphan Taksin BTS station.
- Pier 4 (Marine Department): Walking distance to Bangkok Railway Station.
- Pier 8 (Tha Tien): Close to the Grand Palace and Wat Po (Temple of the Reclining Buddha).
- Pier 13 (Phra Arthit): A short walk from the Khao San Road.