From Preah Vihear City you can reach Pakse in Laos by minivan in just over 6 hours. Pakse is a good place to go to get a bus onward to Central and Northern Laos.
Travel Times To Pakse
There is 1 direct minivan service a day from Preah Vihear Town to Pakse which you can book online.
|16:00||18:45||$ 12.00||Asia Van Transfer|
Buy Tickets to Pakse
Use the Search Box below to book your tickets from Preah Vihear Town to Pakse.
Preah Vihear AVT bus stop
- AVT services to Pakse depart from Street A 10 in Preah Vihear Town.
Pakse AVT Bus Stop
- Asia Van Transfer services from Preah Vihear arrive in Pakse near to the Xplore-Laos Office.
Pakse, located in Southern Laos where the Mekong and Xe Don Rivers meet, is the second largest city in Laos with a population of around 88,000. Pakse is a major transport hub for travel between Cambodia and Laos, and travel between Southern Laos and Eastern Thailand, with bus services and flights to destinations in Central Laos and Northern Laos, such as the capital city Vientiane. Pakse is a relatively new city, established by the French colonialists in 1905 and whilst it has facilities, and a lively market, Pakse itself is not a major tourist destination.
The reason most foreign travellers come to Pakse is because they are on their way to somewhere else on a long distance bus or plane, although there are also some noteworthy destinations relatively near Pakse:
- Si Phan Don: The 4,000 Islands region in the Mekong River delta is 3 to 4 hours by road from Pakse.
- Bolaven Plateau: Elevated region with altitudes of up to 1,350 known for its small villages and scenic waterfalls. The Bolaven Plateau is a large area which starts about 10 km to the east of Pakse.
- Wat Phou: 10th Century Khmer temple located 42 km south by road from Pakse. Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site along with the nearby ancient cities Lingapura and Shrestrapura.