By bus the journey from Siem Reap to Kampot is scheduled to take from 9 hours 30 minutes to 11 hours depending upon which bus service you take. The only way to travel direct by public transport from Siem Reap to Kampot is by bus.
Bus Times from Siem Reap to Kampot
There are currently 2 services a day from Siem Reap to Kampot available to book online.
|00:30||11:30||Sleeper Bus||$ 26||Virak Buntham Express|
|22:30||08:00||Sleeper Bus||$ 25||Giant Ibis Transport|
Buy Tickets from Siem Reap to Kampot
Use the Search Box below to buy your travel tickets from Siem Reap to Kampot.
Siem Reap Bus Stop
- Giant Ibis Transport services from Siem Reap to Kampot depart from Siem Reap Giant Ibis bus station.
Kampot Bus Stop
- Giant Ibis Transport services from Siem Reap to Kampot terminate at Kampot Giant Ibis bus station.
About Travel to Kampot
Kampot is becoming an increasingly popular destination for foreign visitors, particularly visitors from Europe. The reason for this is that it offers something different from better known holiday destinations in Cambodia, such as Sihanoukville or Siem Reap. One of the differences is the slower pace of life in Kampot. Kampot has around 45,000 permanent residents and is located about 5 km from sea on the banks of the slow moving Tuek Chhu River. Not much happens in Kampot save for the daytime and evening markets.
The relative calmness of Kampot, particularly compared to Phnom Penh, and clean environment make it a pleasant place to stay and the town is attracting increasing numbers of foreign people to stay for long periods of time. The number of business catering to foreign visitors, particularly businesses run by foreign nationals, has also increased which has had both positive and negative effects. The positive effect is the increase in the choice and quality of accommodation and food available to visitors. The downside is that the character of the town is changing towards Kampot becoming primarily a tourist town and the local crime rate has increased at the same time.
For the moment, the negative aspects of Kampot’s deveopment as a tourist destination are outweighed by what is on offer to visitors. This is a beautiful part of the world and there are enough activities to entertain visitors for several days. Amongst the things visitors can do in and around Kampot are:
- Visit Phnom Chhnork, which features cave shrines dating back to the first millenium.
- Drive up to Bokor Hill Station in the Bokor National Park.
- Spend the day on Kep Beach and visit Rabbit Island.
- Tour a pepper farm. Pepper from Kampot is considered by many to be the best in the world.
- Go kayaking around the Green Cathedral, which is a network of tree lined backwaters about 6 km upriver from Kampot Town.