There are direct services from Siem Reap in Cambodia to Vang Vieng in Laos which travel through Southern Laos. Its a long journey but by you going this way you avoid the need to enter into Thailand, which only allows a limited number of visa free entries during the course of a year.
Travel Times To Vang Vieng
There is 1 daily direct minivan service from Siem Reap to Vang Vieng (via Southern Laos) which you can book online.
|Siem Reap||Vang Vieng||Cost||Service||Company|
|08:00||11:30 + 1 day||$ 70.00||Minivan & Bus||Asia Van Transfer|
Passenger on this service change vehicles several times before reaching Vang Vieng, with time between connecting services to use the toilet, eat a meal and walk around before continuing on the next stage of the journey.
Buy Tickets to Vang Vieng
Use the Search Box below below to buy your tickets from Siem Reap to Vang Vieng.
Siem Reap ATV Bus Stop
- The ATV service to Vang Vieng departs from Hup Quang Street Central Market 579, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Vang Vieng AVT bus stop
- AVT minivan services from Siem Reap terminate at Vang Vieng Bus Terminal.
About Travel to Vang Vieng
The overland journey from Siem Reap to Vang Vieng is a real adventure which lasts 27 hours 30 minutes and takes passengers through some remote areas with great scenery. This long journey has several stages, with stops on route:
- 08:00: Depart from Siem Reap by minivan.
- 11:15: Short break in Preah Vihear City.
- 13:00: Stop in Stung Treng for about 1 hour.
- 15:00: Arrival at the Laos/Cambodia border.
- 18:00: Leave the minivan at Pakse in Laos.
- 20:30: Depart from Pakse in a sleeper bus.
- 11:30: Arrive in Vang Vieng which is the end point of the journey.
Like all travel in Cambodia and Laos you are nearly guaranteed to experience some problems and delays on route. Some of these problems you plan for and reduce the amount of difficult they cause you:
- Money: Bring some $1 USD notes with you that are in very good condition (old or torn foreign currency notes are generally not accepted in Laos) or 20 or 50 Thai Baht notes, which also need to be in good condition. Small expenses may need to be paid on the way (particularly at the border) and you won’t be able to change money into Laotian Kip at a decent exchange rate until you reach a large town.
- Pakse: When you get to Pakse the first thing you should do is to locate a exchange bureau or an ATM to get local currency.
- Essentials: Bring a bottle of water with you, and anything else you might need (toilet paper, cigarettes etc) before you board the minivan in Siem Reap as you have problems buying things when you need them during the journey.