The train line from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh city (also known as Saigon) is still in the planning stages and is unlikely to be completed until near the end of the decade. Until then to travel from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh you either need to fly or travel by road. By bus or minivan the journey takes around 7 hours compared to 1 hour by plane.
Bus Times To Ho Chi Minh
There are 5 services from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh which you can book online.
|Phnom Penh||Ho Chi Minh||Cost||Service||Company|
|07:00||13:55||$ 14.00||Express||Mekong Express|
|08:30||15:25||$ 14.00||Express||Mekong Express|
|12:30||19:00||$ 18.00||Universe Luxury||Giant Ibis|
|14:00||21:55||$ 14.00||Express||Mekong Express|
|15:30||22:25||$ 17.00||Regional||Mekong Express|
- Express: 36 seat bus.
- Universe Luxury: 36 seat bus with free WiFi.
- Regional: 12 seat minivan.
Buy Tickets to Ho Chi Minh
Use the Search Box below to buy your tickets from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh.
Bus and minivan tickets are available to purchase online as well as flights from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh city.
Bus Stop in Phnom Penh
- Orussey Market Bus Stop on Street 111.
Phnom Penh Mekong Express
- Phnom Penh Mekong Express Bus Station on Sisowath Quay.
Phnom Penh Giant Ibis
- Phnom Penh Giang Ibis Bus Station on Preah Moha Ksatreiyani Kossamak Ave (106).
Mekong Express Bus Stop in Ho Chi Minh
- Mekong Express Bus Stop on 1, 275 Phạm Ngũ Lão.
Giant Ibis Station Ho Chi Minh
- Giant Ibis Bus Terminal on 237 Phạm Ngũ Lão.
Travel from Ho Chi Minh city
Ho Chi Minh is a major transport hub for Southern Vietnam. The city has a major international airport, it is the terminus for Vietnam’s Reunification Railway Line which runs from Ho Chi Minh a distance of 1,726 km northward to Hanoi, it also has a number of large bus stations and a range of ferry services departing from near the city centre.
From Ho Chi Minh city you have the choice of travelling south to destinations such as Can Tho to visit the famous markets or by river to Van Tau to visit the beach. However, from Ho Chi Minh city the most popular onward destinations are to the north with the option of travelling onward to China or in the other direction through Laos and then across to Thailand. A convenient quick and comfortable way to travel north from Ho Chi Minh city is to travel by train. The journey by train from Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi is a long one taking between 31 hours and 35 hours and for this reason most visitors try to break the journey up into more manageable stages. There are some great places to stop on route and of you have the time we recommend that you complete the journey by train from Ho Chi Minh city to Hanoi in 4 stages:
- Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang: 7 hours to 9 hours 25 minutes.
- Nha Trang to Da Nang: 9 hours 15 minutes to 10 hours 35 minutes.
- Da Nang to Hue: 2 hours 35 minutes to 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Hue to Hanoi: 12 hours 50 minutes to 15 hours 15 minutes.